Tuesday, April 28, 2009

TEACHER HAS TO DRIVE THE STUDENT

Engineering education is like “wood”, can be converted into any shape and size. The students who are pursuing engineering education are like "nails" (sharp, strong and stubborn) a teacher has to drive them into engineering by using necessary tools (motivating, stating examples etc) i.e. a "hammer" in a proper way. It is the duty of the teacher to drive the nail into the wood with out damaging or bending the nail by applying sufficient force on nail with hammer.
With out proper driving force a student will never ever be into actual engineering education, because it’s the very basic nature of the student to resist transition for school to college.

A teacher-student relation ship is delicate and with growing number of private engineering colleges and lesser availability of able staff, this relationship is much fragile for time being.

One of the important property of the wood is it deteriorates with time, so teachers have to update their skills and use new driving techniques from time to time.

The above blog is my opinion, compiled by me. The examples wood, nail and hammer are used to highlight the behaviour. constructive critisism is always welcome !
V.RAVIPRASAD, ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR, EEED, NARAYANA ENGG COLLEGE, NELLORE.

4 comments:

  1. The small lecture of the above topic is awesome sir

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said and well written sir. The example you have used is "The Best".

    Regards,
    Kiran Kumar

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice write up,but student has life in him where as nail doesn't.Hammering doesn't apply in all cases..i felt it when i was pursuing my degree
    I prefer quality time should be given for student to realize what exactly he is doing rather than forcibly making a copy of 2 or 3 authors and decorating my study room at home,this is what my school teachers used to say unfortunately missed out in final years of my education.This is reason why i am pursuing some brainless computer courses and started my career leaving my favourite electrical stream:(

    Sir but ur different ,u made me realize the words of my school teacher whom i had g8 respect for giving me guidelines to manage my entire life.I donno abt All In One still 2nd year nd was shocked to listen about it.Another reason is my school teacher took a promise from us tht we will not use all in one's rather than take up tests with whatever we know.
    Had very very few memories with college main reason is no much relation with staff other than catching my observaions thrown in air for not putting date and grammer mistakes:)
    Sorry sir if these points are hurting,i may also not be correct in every thing i gave here..
    I will take my time put in detail in my blog

    ReplyDelete